Tuesday, July 24, 2007

yesterday and yesterday and yesterday

the cleaning lady is trying her best to work around my work so i went out to breakfast then a couple banks, post office, and gas station to give her some space. i got an email this morning from a high school buddy ~ i havent seen or heard from anyone since i left high school (even though i live in the same town i lived in then) ~ and it strikes me how distant the past can really be sometimes. i knew these people he is mentioning, they were a part of my everyday life, and yet it is like a foggy dream that was rapidly dissolving until we began to focus on the last remnants of the memories. my friend steve doesnt live in the town he grew up in (see details of trip to ohio from last couple weeks) but his ties there are very strong and he is in regular contact with his school buddies. i have trouble keeping in contact with those who are in my life now! the waitress at the breakfast cafe speaks to me more than some of my dearest friends... maybe i can make more of an effort to be in touch with friends... or maybe they can just read my blog and invite me to parties...

No comments: