Tuesday, July 10, 2007

on the road again

today i need to prepare for travel~ pack, prepare house to be alone, prepare clients to be alone, etcetera... my webmistress miriam in mexico has jobbed out work to hindus in india and nobody can do what she does ~especially, it seems, understand what i want! but they are very energetic and kind and will get my newsletter right at some point... since they will be asleep soon, it might have to be when i return in a week... so back to the packing... i still dont understand how my shampoo is a national security risk. my sister said to a security agent once, "if i were gonna make a bomb, i wouldnt use a $22 tube of estee lauder lip lard to do it" (she might not have said "lard" but you get the drift). i have to decide what to wear to go through the airport -- i think i should just go in my bathrobe and dress after going through security. soon after 911, i was traveling somewhere and the hugest mountain of a black man was supposed to search me, this skinny white boy at the security station. we went through the first few superficial ministrations and then he asked me to open the front of my pants. i looked up at him straight into his big brown eyes and said, "i usually get dinner first." he waved me on without further search. damn.

No comments: