Saturday, August 1, 2009

police

this morning, after the drama of last night, i had more police in my life.

simply: i was driving. there was an accident in the street. the police were on the scene. i went around the accident to continue on my way.

a block later, a cop pulled me over.

he said i went around that accident. yes i did. he said i went on the wrong side of the street to do it. i said the accident had blocked the right side of the street. he said i should have turned down a different street.

he wrote me a ticket.

then: i said if you had wanted me to turn a different way, you should have been directing traffic.

he said you can fight it. i said i will. with cutbacks because of the economy, your time could be better spent than writing this frivolous ticket. it could have been spent directing traffic.

anyway, its been too much. i'm laying low for awhile. as long as the neighborhood is quiet.

No comments: