Monday, April 14, 2008

morrisey

i had lunch with morrisey this weekend. we knew each other from when i lived in london many many years ago. it was a big secret, this lunch, very hush hush. we ordered in from his hotel room. and it was pleasant and comfortable. we talked about our projects and working together. my art, my poetry, my life ~hasnt changed much in the last ___ years. although maybe they have become more refined... the style, the subject, the intent is who i was and who i am. my current writing, my current painting... is all work i was doing (way ahead of my time) when i was younger. my life seems to cycle in spirals through my art.

the same with morrisey. he sounds as good as he did with his early bands and his recent work is immediately recognizable as his own. the new work still incorporates his style of repeating a lyric line with different musical emphasis... i did mention to him that i thought his post punk lack of succintness in his lyrics was dated (i think thats why he wanted the meeting... but i shouldnt have said it so succinctly...) and maybe we could collaborate on something fresh and sharp... it was good to see him but we parted without defining a project.

tina at busters wants to talk to me about producing my short play.

and karen in florida is working on getting some closure to some of my short films.

all in all, a good few days without picking up a paintbrush or pencil!

No comments: